Kenneth Nwosu, MD
Board Eligible Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Nwosu is board eligible in Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Nwosu attending the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, after which he completed his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. He then went on to complete his Spine Surgery fellowship at the Harvard Combined Spine Fellowship Program (Massachusetts General Hospital, and Brigham and Women’s Hospital).
Dr. Nwosu has conducted extensive research in the field of orthopaedics and continues to do so. Particularly in the treatment of cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine pathologies. He has authored numerous publications, book chapters, abstracts, and podium and poster presentations. He is a member of a number of professional societies including; North American Spine Society, and American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- B.S., California State University San Bernardino
- M. D., UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine
- Internship, General Surgery, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
- Fellowship, Spine Surgery, Harvard Combined Spine Fellowshiop
- North American Spine Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- J. Robert Gladden Orthopaedic Society
- American Medical Association
- Nwosu, K., Schneiderman, B., Shymon, S., Harris, T., A Medial Malleolar “Fleck Sign” May Predict Ankle Stability in Ligamentous Supination External Rotation Ankle Fractures. In Press.
- Schoenfeld, A.J., Sandhu, T., Sturgeon, D.J., Nwosu, K., Bono, C.M., Examining Healthcare Segregation Among Racial and Ethnic Minorities Receiving Spine Surgical Procedures in the State of Florida. In Press.
- Schoenfeld, A.J., Nwosu, K., Jiang, W., Yau, A., Chaudhary, M.A., Scully, R. E., Kang, J.D., Haider, A.H., Surgical Intensity and Risk Factors for Prolonged Opioid Use Following Spine Surgery. JBJS.
- Makanji, H., Nwosu, K., Bono, C., “Editorial on ‘Long-Term Clinical Outcomes of Cervical Disc Arthroplasty: A Prospective, Randomized, Controlled Trial’ by Sasso Et Al.” Editorial. Journal of Spine Surgery.
- Nwosu K., Eftekhary N., McCoy E., Bhalla A., Fukunaga D., Rolfe K. Surgical Management of Civilian Gunshot-Induced Spinal Cord Injury; Is it Overutilized? Spine Journal
- Eftekhary N., Nwosu K., McCoy E., Fukunaga D., Rolfe K. Over-Utilization of Bracing in Penetrating Spinal Cord Injury from Gunshot Wounds. Journal of Neurosurgery
- Nwosu K., Beck A., Rolfe K., Hazany S. Calcium Pyrophosphate Dehydrate (CPPD) Crystal Deposition Disease. Case in Point. 2015 August 11
- Nwosu K, Bengs B. Early Experience of the Margron Femoral Stem in Total Hip Arthroplasty at Greater Los Angeles Veterans Administration Hospital. Journal of Investigative Medicine. 2010 Jan; 58(1): 207.
- Nwosu, K., Bono, C.M. (2017). Postoperative Spondylodiscitis. In Lumbar Spine Online Textbook. In Press.
- Nwosu, K., Bono, C.M. (2017). Incidence of LBP in Athletes and Differential Diagnosis and Evaluation of the Athlete with Back and / or Leg Pain. In Spine Injuries in Athletes. Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer Health.